a little weyel

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My Preschooler

After much research, discussion, and prayer, we have found a preschool for Lauren that we just love! It's at a local church and she can start there as soon as she turns 2 in November. Gary and I attended Parents' Night last week and then Lauren went to the Open House on Thursday to see her new classroom and meet her teachers. She had so much fun playing with everything and only got upset when it was time to leave. It was amazing to watch her as a "preschooler"--she is much more ready for it than I am! I keep thinking I can't be old enough to have a daughter in school, but she fits right in. I'm sure her first day of class in November will be exciting for her and emotional for Mommy!This past weekend, Gary and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Many thanks to my parents for babysitting so that we could enjoy a night out with dinner, a movie, and dessert. And special thanks to my dear husband for the beautiful bouquet of roses. I love you, Gary!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! What a big girl! Cute pictures...and Happy Anniversary!

Sharon & Jacob said...

No Way! PRESCHOOl already? That's so crazy. We haven't even thought about preschool yet. Man, we're so behind. Is it an everyday school or just a few days a week? Is she potty trained already? Probably, she's totally advanced I wouldn't be surprised. Have fun at school Lauren!

Carolyn said...

She's just going to go for a few hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays while I'm at work. Nope, not potty trained yet, although she has used her potty the last two days in a row! But kids don't have to be trained at this school.

Anonymous said...

Our little baby girl is growing up. I love her sweet smile and found myself praying over her life as I looked into her pretty brown eyes. Good job Mom and Dad and Thank you Jesus...Grandma W

The McCabe's said...

she looks so adorable sitting there! she's gonna have a blast ... such a social butterfly! congratulations on 7 years!! that's AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

wow... thanks for the news! that's so exciting for Lauren, i'm sure preschool will add a whole new dimension to your social life with meeting other parents and having activities, etc. Congrats on 7 years!!!! Yay!! :)

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 7 years... seems like yesterday. Lauren is looking like such a big girl! Such a cutie.