a little weyel

Friday, June 04, 2010

Our Summer So Far

So it's not technically summer yet, but since teaching ended two weeks ago, this is my summer break! A few things we've been up to so far...

1. Making Smoothies. A yummy (and mostly healthy) treat for all of us in the middle of the afternoon. I can put up with the mess for a tasty snack and two happy kids!
2. Celebrating the Small Victories. Lauren has started wearing underwear at night instead of pull-ups. She's been potty-trained for over two years, but she's such a sound sleeper that we couldn't be sure at night. I decided not to push it and let her decide in her own time, and she did! (And I'm sure she'd be mortified if she knew I was announcing this on the internet.) Daddy thought we should celebrate this step forward, so we went to brunch at the Madonna Inn--perfect, since the girl loves pink! We had a delicious (although quick) breakfast and let the kids explore for a bit.
3. Bathroom Renovation. The work has begun! So far so good, but we have a ways to go. Can't wait to share the "after" pictures.
4. Mommy-Lauren Time. That's what we call it when Jon is napping and Lauren and I get some fun time together. :) Yesterday we spent "Mommy-Lauren Time" making a special snack for preschool. Grandma Weyel gave us these great cookie pans and they were so much fun! A perfect way for young kids to make cookies--just smoosh in the dough, no rolling it out or cookie cutters. And they tasted delicious! Lauren's teachers even asked for the recipe after we shared the snack at preschool this morning.
5. Having Fun!

0 comments: