
Lauren fell asleep in her highchair after dinner the other night. She looks cute in this picture, but this is a symptom of an ongoing problem: she hates taking naps. Lauren has been an excellent sleeper at night almost since she was born. When she was a month old, we only had to get up with her once a night, and when she was about two months old she started sleeping for 10 hours straight--much to our delight. So it doesn't seem like we should be allowed to complain, as many parents would love a child who sleeps that well. However, these good sleep habits don't apply to daytime. She fights her naps almost every day, 2 to 3 times a day. I've tried all the "expert" sleep advice I can find. She has consistent nap times every day, she almost always sleeps in her crib, we do the same pre-nap routine every time (consisting of playing the same music, turning on an air purifier for white noise, and rocking her for a bit before going in her crib)--and yet she resists almost every time. Even when I do get her to sleep, she won't sleep for long. I consider myself lucky if she sleeps for an hour or more, since she is usually awake after about a half hour each time. She definitely needs more sleep, as she gets grumpy and whines when she doesn't take a good nap. So, all you moms out there, any advice??
4 comments:
Carolyn and Gary...Lauren is soooo cute!! She is growing soo fast too!! I can't wait to meet her...one of these days when I'm down there for more than 23 hours!!
Hope all is well!
~Lori
I read in the "what to expect the 1st year" book that they should get around 14 hours of sleep each day. As for advice... PURE ALCOHOL!!! Or just drug her with tylenol that's what we do. J/k ...would walks work?
Is her foot backwards in that picture???
Ha! No, not backwards. Her toes are coming straight at the camera, so it's a weird angle. We'll try the alcohol trick tomorrow--maybe a little tequila in the bottle...
Post a Comment