Lauren is almost a year and a half now, and I got curious this morning about her current weight and height stats, so we tried to do some measuring at home. Rough estimates are that she is 25 pounds and just under 34 inches--still very tall! So I got online to find out what percentiles she would be in, and found out she is 95% for height and between 50 and 75% for weight. I also discovered a variety of "height predictors"--online calculators that say they can predict her height as an adult--and just couldn't pass that up! Some predictions say she'll be about 5'8" as an adult, others say she could be up to 5'10". I'm almost 5'10" myself, so I guess that makes sense.
Moms, are you curious about your child's future height? Three "height predictors" are listed here, although if you do a google search, you'll find a bunch more. Who knows how accurate these things really are, but at least they're entertaining! Lauren's 18 month checkup with the pediatrician is next week, so I'll give you more info then. Have a great week!
3 comments:
Well then, Andrew should be perfect for her. At 16 months, he was 36 inches, which according to your link, Andrew's future height "cannot be calculated" becuz his height is above the 97th percentile.
Andrew is already 36 inches?? I love it!! Lauren will have a date for the prom, and she can even wear heels! :)
According to that website, Isaac should be 6 foot!! Yeah, there is hope, I was beginning to think he was going to be short like my family. Are you guys taking any vacations this summer? We're going to Santa Cruz, the beach house, in August. I'm sure the Marta's would be thrilled if you could visit. Maybe we could plan a trip to SLO to see you guys. :)
Post a Comment