a little weyel

Monday, July 09, 2007

A bunch of stuff I haven't told you about yet

Great title, eh? At least it's accurate... :)We had a fun 4th of July with Gary's parents. Grandma and Grandpa took care of Lauren most of the day, and Gary and I really enjoyed the "time off." We had a delicious barbeque (thanks to my grill-master husband) and then we tried to take Lauren to see her first fireworks. Unfortunately, the thick coastal fog meant we couldn't see a thing. :( Lauren did a great job staying up late and sitting out in the cold, but there were no fireworks to reward her in the end. Oh well, maybe next year...So, here are a few of the other things we've been up to this summer. Lauren and I started a "Mommy and Me" dance class that we attend on Monday mornings. It took her a few class sessions to warm up, and now she's really enjoying it. The picture below was taken before we left for our first class in the beginning of June. The class is for toddlers from 18 months to 3 years, and the teacher is so good with this age group. They use a lot of props to practice things like kicking, shaking, jumping, etc. It's mostly controlled chaos, but it's fun to see!Lauren has also been having fun with friends this summer, especially her two favorite buddies, Rachel and Aidan. Both of them had birthday parties recently that Lauren enjoyed, plus they get together for playdates. Below are a bunch of pictures of Lauren with her friends. Lauren loves to go play at Rachel's house, which is conveniently located right next door! :)She also enjoys holding hands with Aidan and giving him lots of hugs. Watch out, Daddy!I think this is a cute picture of Lauren and Aidan having a chat--although I think Lauren does most of the talking!Lauren had fun at Rachel's birthday party, taking turns on the slide and "helping" Rachel play with her new kitchen. These girls are so cute together!Next time I'll give you part 2 of our trip to Southern California, so stay tuned! ;)

2 comments:

The McCabe's said...

no fireworks??? that's not fair. I'm so glad Lauren did great though! what a trooper!! LOVE that picture of the two of them "chatting." :) ... looked like a really serious conversation :).

Miller Fam said...

Hi! I linked over to your blog from the McCabes. Those were GREAT photos! LOVE the American Girl stuff... can't wait until they are old enough to get the big dolls! Rachel and Lauren will have sooo much fun playing dolls together! I love the photo of Lauren feeding her baby, while the "real" baby got fed! Too cute! Love, Talitha