On Monday, Lauren had her first trip to the American Girl store. It was so much fun seeing her get excited about the dolls! She wanted to play immediately, and convinced Grandma and Grandpa Lillo that she needed her very own baby doll to take home with her. She has been playing with it constantly since then, and loves taking care of "Baby." Just the first of many fun trips to that store, I predict.
On Tuesday, we visited with her Great Grandma and Grandpa Jaynes, and she got to show off her new doll, complete with it's own stroller. We had a lovely time at their house, and they have a great backyard for Lauren to play.
Wednesday was our much-anticipated visit with the Barber family. Cheri is one of my favorite people in the whole world, and I rarely get to see her. So I was thrilled to spend a full 8 hours with them! Lauren loved playing with their little boy, Andrew, and they spent time splashing in the pool and having fun with each other. Andrew was quite the little gentleman, as you can see in the picture below when he helped Lauren down a step. Thanks so much to Cheri, Gabe, and Andrew for all of their hospitality that day!
Thursday was a family trip to the Long Beach aquarium with Grandma and Grandpa Lillo, Aunt Kate, and Cousin Connor. Lauren did a fairly good job there, enjoying the fish and touching all of the fun things in the tidepool area. However, she missed her nap since we were busy there, so things went downhill quickly in the afternoon.
Unfortunately, Lauren still had not recovered from lack-of-sleep by Friday, so she wasn't in the best of moods. But we were able to celebrate my dad's retirement with him at a luncheon in his honor. I wish I could have heard more of the wonderful things that were said about him, but I was mostly outside with the grouchy girl. The food was great, the cake was delicious, and then we had to make a quick exit and head back home.



I was so grateful that Lauren did well in the car. I was not looking forward to a 4-hour car ride with just the two of us, but she was a champ. She has gotten much better about being in the car these days, thank goodness! So by Friday night, we were back home with Daddy and ready to recover from a long and fun week.
3 comments:
we NEED to start seeing each other more than twice a year! we miss you girls too!
sounds like such a fun week Carolyn! I still can't believe there's a whole store for little girls ... how do you not spend all your money in there? oh my goodness! it's a good thing I've got boys my way right now :). I love that "backpack" thing :) ... I seriously may have to get Aido his very own!
ERRIC!! thirty-five
Jake
Post a Comment