I love it when the seasons change. I know people say that we don't have "seasons" in California, and it's true that our climate doesn't have extreme changes in temperature. But I still love putting out seasonal decorations and looking forward to everything that goes along with a particular time of year. And right now I'm ready for a fun fall, so that inspired the new look of the blog. Do you like it?
That being said, we've been enjoying the beautiful "summer" weather lately! Here are a few of the things we've done over the last two weeks...
*We have a small pool for Lauren that she can splash around in, so we took advantage of the beautiful sunshine and gave her some time in the water:



*We've also been enjoying our weekend morning walks to our local coffee shop. Grandma Weyel brought back some sunglasses for Lauren from Hawaii, so she always asks for her "gasses" when we go out. :)

*We've made four kayak trips with Lauren so far, and this latest one was extra fun thanks to all of the sea lions we saw. There were about a dozen laying near the shore and making lots of noise. We got so close that one swam under the kayak and another followed us around the bay for a while. Lauren kept asking for more.



I let Lauren try taking her own pictures during the kayak trip, and here are a few of her shots. Not bad... just a little crooked... :)


*On Saturday, we took Lauren to her first Cal Poly football game! She wore her cheerleading outfit (of course!) and was the cutest fan there (although I am a little biased). We tried to teach her to say, "Go Poly!" but it sounded more like, "Go Potty!" :) Cal Poly made 4 touchdowns right in front of us, but Lauren's favorite part was still the music.




That's it for now! Have a wonderful week and enjoy the beginning of autumn! :)
2 comments:
LOVE the new look of the blog! very cool about the sea lions. Will & I were just talking about going kayaking one of these days...looks like lots of fun ;). LOVE that little cheerleading outfit ... she looks so darling!
Carolyn, I love the fall too!! It's my favorite season. On Sept. 1st this year it was 100 degrees out but I got my "fall box" out and decorated! I love all the smells, colors, candles and cool weather that the fall brings. Only Avila Valley Barn could make it better... that's a tradition I really miss! That and CP Football games!!! You are so lucky! :)
Post a Comment