
We had a fun Halloween night with Lauren. She tried trick-or-treating for the first time at our neighbor's house. We have sweet neighbors who just love Lauren, so we knew it would be a good place to go. :) Lauren was shy as soon as they opened the door, so we made that our first and last stop of the night. But she claims she liked it! I think Mommy had the most fun of all. ;)



Back at home, we carved a pumpkin together. Lauren said she wanted a kitty on the pumpkin, so Daddy did his best. She was mildly interested in the pumpkin, but MUCH more excited about the free candy she had just received! We let her eat some of the M&Ms, and she just couldn't get enough.




It was a fun night for all three of us, celebrating Halloween in our own way. Gary and I had an interesting discussion about the participation in Halloween among the Christian community. It can feel a bit awkward knowing that some Christian families choose not to celebrate this holiday, and we definitely respect that. I've always felt that we could participate in certain enjoyable aspects of Halloween while leaving other parts out, and it doesn't really matter to me if we call it Halloween, Harvest Night, or Eeyore Day. ;) I did a little research on the topic and found an article from the Focus on the Family website that best describes my perspective. (You can read it
here.) Anyone else want to weigh in on this topic? Or do you just want to admire the adorable pictures of my daughter? :)
3 comments:
We haven't talked about Halloween and what we will do with our family yet...So I will just admire your cute cute pics of your daughter...Glad you had a great night!
We don't see any harm in letting kids get dressed up and getting candy. Kids love to dress up, heck even I do still. The only thing were not big fans of is the scary decorations. There are some seriously scary costumes and decorations out there. We just want Isaac to have fun, not get scared.
i want to admire the adorable pictures of lauren and the most awesome cat pumpkin i've ever seen!!! good job gary!! :)
Post a Comment