a little weyel

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mommy's Day

Our Mother's Day weekend was busy, with Gary and I getting a special vacation on our own, and Lauren getting a special weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Weyel. I have a lot of pictures to share later about the weekend, but I wanted to write down a few quick memories from Mother's Day 2008.I was blessed with lots of love from my family, and I'm so thankful for my sweet little girl and my dear husband. One of my favorite moments was actually on Thursday, when I picked Lauren up from preschool. She had a gift for me (flowers that they planted in class) and a card that she made, and she was so proud. She kept saying, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" in the car--not quite understanding which holiday we were celebrating, but knowing it was something special for Mommy. On Sunday, Grandma Weyel helped Lauren make some special gifts for me, as well as a delicious dinner for all of us. We also did the traditional Lauren handprint. This is something we started last year, as a way to keep track of how much she has grown. Hard to believe that next year we'll have to do two sets of handprints! I just love my family, and I thank God for them everyday...

0 comments: