a little weyel

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things I Love About Lauren at Two

As "terrible" as life can be with a two-year-old, there is so much we're thankful for with our sweet Lauren. Here are a few things that just make us love her even more...
*She gives the best hugs and kisses. She is a very loving little girl and likes to snuggle with us--and we don't even have to ask.
*She's been asking some great theological questions lately. Tonight's question was, "Why does God like us?"
*She (generally) likes to please us and is quick to say "sorry" when we're displeased.
*She says the sweetest things to us every day. Two of my latest favorites: "Mommy, I'm so glad you're my friend" and "I love you in the whole wide world." (I think she is trying to imitate me on that last one, when I tell her, "You're my favorite girl in the whole wide world.")
*She is SO excited to be getting a little brother. She talks about him all the time, and asks if she will get to hold him, feed him, play with him, etc. She likes to kiss my belly and talk to him, and she practices with her baby doll. (She also asks the greatest questions about babies. Yesterday, my stomach was lopsided, and I told her that I thought baby brother's bottom was sticking out. She said, "Is he changing his diaper in there?")
*She is thrilled when Daddy comes home from work. After giving him a big hug, she usually says, "Daddy, I want to play with you!"
*She is so proud of her potty-training progress--as are we! There have definitely been ups and downs, but she is extremely proud of herself when she avoids an accident and isn't afraid to announce it to anyone present. :)
*She does a great job of playing independently. As much as she loves seeing her friends at preschool and playgroup, she also enjoys playing by herself in her room. Makes life a lot easier for us!
*She likes to hold our hands, spend time with us, be our helper, and express her love. We will so miss this time when she grows up!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Such sweet stories! I'm going to miss this age too!

Anna said...

So sweet! So far I am loving 2 as well! What fun she will be when her little brother arrives...awesome stories!