a little weyel

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Almost Christmas!

The excitement is building around here as we count down the days to Christmas. :) We've been able to do some fun holiday activities in the last few days. On Saturday, we visited Santa Claus. This was the first year that Lauren actually wanted to sit on his lap and talk to him. She told him that she wanted princess books for Christmas, and that her brother wanted baby toys. Here are a few pictures from our visit, plus a poorly shot video. (Sorry, it was an afterthought and I don't have time to edit it!)
Lauren also got to ride on the carousel. She was so excited to do it, and then got scared at the last minute. But she went anyway and then told us how much she liked it.Grandma and Grandpa Weyel visited for the weekend, and we celebrated Christmas early with them. We also had the honor of lighting the advent candle at church as a family. Thankfully, both kids cooperated and there was no screaming for the 5 minutes we were up in front. ;)I'm really looking forward to our Christmas plans. Tomorrow, Lauren and I will bake some cookies to leave out for Santa Claus. We will also have a nice dinner, just the four of us, and go to Christmas Eve service at church. I'm sure Christmas morning will be a blur, as Lauren has figured out how to open gifts very quickly! Then we are off to celebrate Christmas with family during the afternoon and evening.

One more thing to note: Jonathan will be three-months-old tomorrow! I'll write a longer update about what he is like at this stage after Christmas. In the meantime, here's one of my favorite pictures of him. Our little guy is growing fast!

0 comments: