Our challenging little boy has become virtually impossible in the last few days. He spends about 95% of his waking hours either whining or crying. Is he teething? Is he sick? Does colic return at 10 months old? I don't know, as very few things are actually soothing to him. So I am home with the boy, attempting to get him to nap and save our sanity.
When the days turn difficult, it has become my habit to ask, "Okay God, what lesson should I be learning this time?" And this morning I realized that I actually miss church. So often I think of it as an obligation, a "should," another thing on the to-do list. But as I think of it this morning, I see it for the gift that it is. The opportunity to worship our Savior with other believers. The chance to learn from God's Word. The fellowship with others who truly know who we are and love us all the more anyway.
If you were able to attend church this morning, I hope that it felt like you were opening a gift from God. Not because you attend the perfect church, or it meets all of your needs, or the people act exactly the way you want them to. But because God gave you worship, fellowship, and truth, without a baby screaming in your face. :)
Hopefully, we'll be back next week.
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:23-25
3 comments:
I feel your pain :( We've missed more church since Haleah has been born than days we've actually gone. Mainly because Haleah is either sick, or cries in Sunday School. Today we went to a different Church, and Haleah LOVE it ! She said, "I like it here " and didn't want to leave. It just made my day ! Hope Jon starts cheering up for you soon :)Church is a wonderful privilege.
oh yes, fun times ...
I had to step off the stage this morning (was part of the worship team today) to attend to Owyn. we had some soaking time (supposed to be more quiet :)) during worship and O was just wailing "Dada! Dada!!" in the nursery (which is right next to the stage). Will was teaching toddlers so off the stage I go ;).
we are in the same boat. Owyn can't sit still long enough (or quiet enough :)) through an entire set of songs nor does he want to hang-out in the nursery so often times, I'm in the back of the sanctuary or outside walking him around. makes you wonder if there is a point to coming at all sometimes ;). HOWEVER, I know it is good training for them to know where we go on Sunday mornings and eventually, they understand the purpose of it all!
loved your post Carolyn! please never grow weary in your steadfastness. love you!!
Carolyn,
When Hayden was little he had Malrotation of the intestines which caused terrible cramping- it's most common after birth - 12 month of age. Maybe ask your Dr. if this might be what's bothering Jon. If it is this, it's important to get diagnosed early. Hope it's not but thought I should mention it just in case. Maybe read the symptoms on the web and see if they fit. Amber
Post a Comment