a little weyel

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Best Pony Parties Ever

After much discussion, (we're talking weeks of mind-changing) Lauren finally decided that she wanted a My Little Pony 4th birthday. She remembered her 3rd birthday celebrations and wanted something similar, so that's what we planned: special treats for preschool, a party with her friends, and a party with our family.

The preschool "party" came first, on Thursday, November 19th. Lauren and I spent the day before making special cupcakes with a Little Einsteins theme. (She wanted them to be something both boys and girls would appreciate--very thoughtful of her.) I was happy I could be there for the celebration, and watched as her class sang happy birthday to her and she blew out her candles. She was suddenly quite serious when she became the center of attention, but I know that's the way Lauren is when she's really excited. Then the kids devoured their cupcakes (or at least the frosting) and celebration #1 was done.
Next up was the friend party on Saturday, November 21st. We started out inviting a few friends from preschool, but Lauren wanted some of her other friends there, too, so it grew to a party of 8 little girls. It was chaos and joy, all at the same time. The girls seemed to love the My Little Pony theme and decorations, and had a blast playing with all of Lauren's toys. I planned a few small activities (coloring pony pictures, decorating magic wands) but mostly they wanted to eat cupcakes, open gifts, and PLAY. We mainly just controlled the chaos for a couple of hours and let Lauren have a wonderful time with her buddies.

Last but not least was the party with our family on Lauren's actual birthday, November 22nd. We had a simple lunch at our house (again with the all-important pony theme) but most importantly, Lauren was surrounded by family members that love her. Grandmas and Grandpas, Great Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt and Uncle, cousins--everyone was there to celebrate our sweet girl with food, gifts, and a Pink Champagne cake from Madonna Inn--yummy!There are MANY more pictures up at our photo site, so feel free to check them out (password: alittleweyel). I hope Lauren's 4th birthday was everything she wanted and more. Our dear girl is so special to us and I wanted her to feel that way on her birthday.

3 comments:

Kim and Jim said...

What a great celebration! You did a fantastic job Carolyn. I know if I was Lauren I would have loved it. Can you throw my next b-day party?!? :) Love ya!

The McCabes said...

:) ... all the pink! I LOVE it. and I love you new page background too.

Sharon & Jacob said...

Wow, what a beautiful cake. How fun, I loved my little ponys when I was little. I'm looking forward to girl parties with Reece.