Our Valentine's Day was a little more subdued than originally planned, as both kids woke up with sniffly noses. That meant we didn't do any of the family-outing-ideas we had in mind, but we tried to make the best of it at home. I created a "Valentine's Day breakfast celebration" in our dining room, using all of our DIY decorations and homemade Valentines.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Valentine's Day, Part 2
You knew I'd get around to part two eventually, right? (This mommy-gig takes up a lot of time!)
Our Valentine's Day was a little more subdued than originally planned, as both kids woke up with sniffly noses. That meant we didn't do any of the family-outing-ideas we had in mind, but we tried to make the best of it at home. I created a "Valentine's Day breakfast celebration" in our dining room, using all of our DIY decorations and homemade Valentines.
The kids each got their "chair-backers" filled with Valentine cards, and a few small gifts at their seat. I made each of their cards and had so much fun. It was nice to just get out paper, scissors, and all the trimmings, after doing so much on computer these days.


Gary got a homemade card, some chocolate treats, and some Valentine coupons from me. :) (He gave me the beautiful bouquet of roses on the table.)
Here's an annoyingly blurry photo of us enjoying our breakfast...
...of heart-shaped pancakes, of course!

I think the kids enjoyed it, and I had fun creating a special morning for them. Most of the rest of the day was spent wiping runny noses, but at least we were together. :)
Our Valentine's Day was a little more subdued than originally planned, as both kids woke up with sniffly noses. That meant we didn't do any of the family-outing-ideas we had in mind, but we tried to make the best of it at home. I created a "Valentine's Day breakfast celebration" in our dining room, using all of our DIY decorations and homemade Valentines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOVE it! you're such a good mommie!!
Wow! You're awesome, Carolyn! I wish we could have celebrated with you. What a beautiful day for your beautiful family!
Post a Comment