Things I've done today:
*Emptied the dishwasher.
*Made breakfast for both kids, coffee for me.
*Cleaned up the kitchen.
*Got all three of us dressed, hair combed, and ready for the day.
*Washed all the sheets, towels, and blankets that we've used in the last week.
*Took both kids to the new TJ Maxx in SLO (waste of time).
*Took both kids to Bed, Bath, and Beyond (and got a cute new table runner).
*Took both kids to Merry-Go-Round, a children's consignment store. Sold them some baby gear we no longer need and made $18.
*Took both kids to McDonald's for Happy Meals as a reward for being so good during our shopping.
*Had a picnic in the backyard with our McDonald's lunches.
*Washed, dried, and put away four loads of laundry. (It would have been more, except I just did laundry on Friday.)
*Put Jonathan down for a nap (which ended up being way too short).
*Cleaned the kids'/guest bathroom.
*Cleaned the master bathroom.
*Packed up some more stuff for Goodwill and listed an item on Craigslist. (I'm in a big decluttering/organizing phase at the moment.)
*Attempted to explain to Lauren why it's actually a good thing that we don't get everything we want.
*Dusted the entire house.
*Vacuumed the entire house.
*Cleaned up the backyard and swept the patio.
*Blew my nose about fifty times. (Thank you, spring allergies!)
*Made dinner for me and the kids.
*Gave both kids a bath.
*Cleaned up the kitchen from dinner.
*Put Jonathan to bed.
*Read to Lauren, did our devotional time, put Lauren to bed.
*Graded about 50 papers for my classes.
*Tidied up the house.
*Prepped my teaching stuff and Lauren's school stuff for tomorrow.
*Checked e-mail and blogs.
*Went to bed exhausted.
All of this was done while Gary was gone, working during the day and playing golf in the evening. All of this was also done while making sure two small children were safe and (relatively) happy. I don't write this because I'm hoping for a better Mothers' Day present (although I do have a wishlist, honey!). :) I write it so you know why yet another day has gone by without a witty blog post from Carolyn, full of interesting anecdotes and adorable photos of the kids. Just too busy. But I love you and miss you all!
Tomorrow I will get up at 6am, so that I can get to work by 7:30am, and another day will be under way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You go girl! I am so impressed. You deserve a super duper Mother's Day gift. You can tell Gary and the kids that the Knights have decided that you should have a fabulous Mother's Day this year if this helps any. :) And we thought life was busy before kids!?!? Love ya and miss ya too!
Thank you, Kim! You are always one of my best cheerleaders. :) I love all the Knights!
Also, Gary would like it made known to all that he had full "permission" to go golfing, and that he worked hard at home over the weekend. Everybody knows you deserve some golf time, sweetie!
Holy Cow woman! That is amazing. Three stores, McDonalds plus all the cleaning and cooking. I'm super impressed. That is one packed day. It's funny, when I know Jake will be home after the kids go to bed, I do the same thing and get mad work done.
WHAT?! woman...what are you thinking?!
and ...
WHAT?! Gary...what is wrong with you?! letting this woman do all the work!
hahaha...love you both! and Carolyn, you rock. to Gary, take a peek at that wishlist!
Post a Comment