a little weyel

Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Few Things I Learned From My Mother

I can't be with my mom on Mothers' Day this year. (Don't feel too sorry for her--she is on a cross-country trip, seeing some of her favorite places.) But that also means that I can't even send her a card. So Mom, if I could give you a card today, this is what it would say.

A Few Things I Learned From My Mother:

*Strength and grace can go hand in hand.
*Slippers are appropriate footwear any time of day.
*Hand-written notes in the lunch box make the school day much easier.
*Hand-written letters from home make the first year of college much easier.
*You can never have too many dishes or placemats.
*Home-made is way better than store-bought.
*Children need roots and wings.
*Being tall is a good thing.
*Chocolate frosting and graham crackers make an excellent snack.
*Your home should be a sanctuary for your children and husband.
*God's love is displayed through mothers.

I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comments:

heather said...

That is just beautiful ! Happy Mother's Day :)