a little weyel

Sunday, August 15, 2010

More Family Movies

We've had more family movie nights this summer, including Madagascar and some weird movie about Kermit the Frog in the swamp. But the latest favorite is a classic: Benji. Both Gary and I got to watch this with our families when we were little, so it seemed appropriate to introduce our kids to the friendly little dog. Jonathan got to watch the first part, and seemed enthralled. He loves dogs and just stood staring at the screen. Lauren liked it, too, although we had to fast forward through the scary part when the mean man kicked Benji's friend. (Honestly, I still think Lauren's favorite part of family movie night is getting to stay up late.) Here's a few pictures of the family, enjoying our snack dinner while watching the show.(This is what Jon does when I get out the camera: he crouches down and gives me a big smile. But I have to take the picture quick, or he jumps back up and runs over to see his picture.)

August is a big month for us: Jonathan started preschool two weeks ago (which I'll post about soon, but it's going rather well and I'm afraid I'll jinx it!). I go back to teaching this week, and then Lauren starts Kindergarten on the 25th. She is so excited, and I've had a great time doing some back-to-school shopping with her. If you would take a moment, as you read this post, and say a prayer for an easy adjustment to school for all three of us, I would greatly appreciate it. Hope your summer is ending well!

0 comments: