a little weyel

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Best Christmas Cookies!

I know it's a little late to be sharing Christmas cookie recipes, but these came out so good I couldn't keep them to myself. I recently came across a recipe that my grandma gave me when I got married. (Hi, Grandma Jaynes!) My mom, sister, and I used to make these for Christmas every year, and they were always my favorite cookie. Since I'm looking for things to entertain the kids during this last week before Christmas, I thought these would be perfect--and they are!

The recipe is super simple, and super delicious just as they are. But, we wanted to make these a little more "Christmasy." I found these "Holiday Mint Crunch" sprinkles on clearance at Michael's and decided to give them a try. We added chocolate frosting and then the sprinkles on top of the cookies and YUM! So chocolately, minty, and holiday good. :) (I'm guessing crushed candy canes on top would have the same effect.) The recipe is below, if you are inspired to make them. The kids give them two thumbs up! Double Chocolate Nuggets

1 package dark chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Blend cake mix, oil, and eggs. Stir in chips. Drop from tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.

For extra goodness, top with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Sharon & Jacob said...

Those look super YUMMY! Thanks for sharing I'll definitely add this to our recipe list.