a little weyel

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day!

Halfway through February and I have yet to write a blog post this month! After the holiday season is over, I always think life will slow down, but it never does. That's okay--that just means life is full, and I choose to be grateful for that rather than complain.

Last week, both kids got to enjoy Valentine parties at their schools. Jon's was on Thursday, and he was all dressed up and ready to party!
{Our little stud, eating his waffle. His shirt says "Mommy's Little Heartthrob."}


Since he is still fairly clueless to what this holiday is all about, I got to choose and make his Valentines myself. :) I found this cute idea online (of course) and got all of the supplies at Michael's. I bought little shovels for each of the kids (since there are only 8 in his class) and attached a bag of Teddy Grahams to them. Then I made a little tag that said "I dig you!" Cute, right?


Lauren's party was on Friday. She was very interested in choosing her own Valentines, and she picked Tinkerbell cards with lollipops. (Perhaps next year I can convince her to make something a little more creative with me!) I did get to surprise her with a new heart dress that morning, though. Here is our little model.

Parents were invited to her kindergarten party, so I even got to join in the fun. They sang a song for us and then had special treats while opening their Valentines. Just like being in Elementary school again!


{This is the Valentine Lauren made for us!}

On Friday afternoon, we enjoyed the beautiful weather by setting up a picnic in the backyard. Both kids took their "Valentine loot" outside and we went through each one together. As a kid, I remember the joy of reading through that big stack of Valentine cards--and I think it is just as much fun doing that with my kids!


{These are the cards that Lauren gave out.}


Today will be a quiet day around our house. Jonathan has had a fever since Saturday night (poor guy) and both kids are coughing. Lauren has the day off from school, the weather is getting dreary (the rain has begun), and so we will just make it a cozy Valentine's Day at home: lots of snuggling, movie-watching, cupcake-baking, craft-making, and enjoying being together. It's almost 9am and we're still in our pajamas, watching Finding Nemo (hooray that Jon finally likes something other than Elmo!). Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day for our little family (minus the sickies). Hoping your day is just as cozy and fun.

I'll leave you with a Valentine treat: Lauren singing the song at her school party. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

heather said...

I LOVE Jon's Valentine's !!! And I really enjoyed Lauren's singing "Skidamirink". One of our favorite songs!!! Haleah just jumped out of the bath to watch it..LOL

Sharon & Jacob said...

Love the Valentine's idea for John's class. Very cute. You guys sure know how to celebrate the holidays. Lauren's dress was precious.