a little weyel

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dear Tooth Fairy,

We wanted to thank you so much for visiting our house on Friday night. Our sweet girl, Lauren, has had a loose tooth for quite a while now. When her Daddy was brushing her teeth, he saw it was practically dangling by a thread, so he told her he would count to three and then she should just pull. It worked! The little guy popped right out!

This is the same tooth that entered our lives about five years ago, so it was pretty amazing to see Lauren holding it in her hand.

Thankfully she pulled it out in the evening, as she was quite excited to have you come as soon as possible. We got out the special pillow that Mommy made just for this occasion, put the tooth inside, and hung it by her bed.

We also read the book that her grandma and grandpa had given her just that afternoon, all about you!

We had several discussions about what you might possibly bring her. She had heard of friends getting money, although she thinks one friend only got a penny. I told her I thought you would leave a little more than that, especially for a first tooth. She also wanted to know if the leprechaun worked for you. When I said, "The leprechaun?" she said, "Yeah, from St. Patrick's Day. He has a lot of gold!" Apparently she was hoping you would leave her enough money to buy a Barbie dream house, but I informed her you were not that rich.

Although Lauren was dying to see a real fairy, I had to let her know that, much like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, you would not be making an appearance until after she was asleep. And I was right! In the morning, Lauren reported that she had not seen you at all, but her tooth was gone! And in it's place, you left a very generous four quarters (which Lauren immediately wanted to spend at the dollar store). You also left a very sweet note.


So thank you, Tooth Fairy, for a very successful first visit to our house. We look forward to many more visits in the future!

Sincerely,
The Weyel Family

0 comments: