My sweet family worked so hard to give me a wonderful Mother's Day weekend this year. I had told Gary several weeks earlier that the only gift I wanted for Mother's Day was board and batten installed in our bedroom. (Do you remember back in 2010 when I first wrote about this idea, and you guys gave me some lovely suggestions?) So we spent Saturday getting the project started, and the rest of the week finishing it up in the evenings. Our bedroom went from this:
to this!
Not the best photos, but you get the idea. It looks exactly like I pictured it would, and I'm so glad it's finally done! I think it's the little touches like this that truly make our house feel like us. Here's one more comparison of our room two years ago and our room now.
The rest of my Mother's Day was also lovely. I was greeted on Sunday morning with these cute faces and the special gifts and cards they had made for me.
After church, Gary took both kids to golf lessons (more on that to come!) while I had a couple of hours to shop all by myself. Heavenly. :) We ended the evening with dinner out, and I felt so loved and appreciated. I am one blessed mommy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment