a little weyel

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Welcome to the World

Jonathan Henry Weyel was born on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008, at 9:36am. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs, 5 oz, and is 21 inches long. Jonathan means given by God, and he truly is an incredible blessing from our heavenly Father. I am in love!

A full birth story to come later, but one of the biggest answers to prayer was that we didn't need to induce. I woke up at 2am on Wednesday morning with contractions, as baby Jonathan decided to come on his own. We are home now and all doing well.

Prayer requests: that Jonathan would continue to be healthy and eat well, that Lauren would adjust to her new baby brother, and that I would recover quickly. I have been doing well, except for a very strong and strange headache that arrived last night and will not go away. Please pray for quick healing so I can enjoy my beautiful new family!

7 comments:

Sharon & Jacob said...

Welcome baby Jonathan! Congratulations!! I've been checking like every hour to see the first picture. He is so perfect and so big, wow Carolyn! That's too cute a picture for just after delivery. We'll definitely be praying for you guys in the weeks to come getting everyone accustom to the new addition.

...carrie... said...

Congratulations!!!!

FungFam said...

Baby Jonathan, you are a stud. Congratulations to you guys.

The McCabes said...

congratulations precious family!

Kim and Jim said...

Congratulations! We have been checking regularly too- soooo happy for your guys. He is beautiful and has the awesome Weyel features! Can't wait to hear more. So happy he came on his own Carolyn. What a blessing! Lots of love the Knights P.S. Love the name! :)

Amber said...

Congratulations you guys! We are so happy for you. Good luck with the sleep over the next 6 months! :)

Wisners said...

Yeah! So happy to hear that little Jonathan arrived on his own.

Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
The Wisner's