Amidst all the craziness that comes with buying a house, selling a house, packing and moving, working, and parenting two young children, I have been thinking a lot about what I want our new home to be. Much of that has been material things: new curtains, new appliances, play areas for the kids, etc. But some of it has been about the feeling that I want our house to evoke. Gary and I have spoken many times about what a true miracle it is for us to be buying a house in SLO. So many things had to come together at just the right time for this to happen, including low housing prices, low mortgage rates, selling our current home quickly, assistance from family, and so on. It must have been orchestrated by God, or it never would have happened! With that in mind, I so want our new home to be honoring to Him. I want to take this blessing He has provided and praise Him with our lives. I want our house to be filled with the fruit of the Spirit, to be overflowing with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, and goodness. I want this house to be used to serve Him. And I know I can't just make it that way by trying really hard. I will need God to work through me and our family to make our home a sanctuary for all of us. Will you join me in praying for this? We would love your prayers for our home and family, and I would love to join you in praying the same things for your home and family.
I have so many updates I'd like to share about Lauren, Jonathan, and our progress with moving, and I will get to all of that when I can. For now, I just wanted to share this and to publicly say, "Praise the Lord!" for the gift of a new home!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Absolutely, praise God for such a blessing. We will definitely pray for your new house.
We are praising God with you! Please let us know how we can help. I'm up for taking the kids to the park if you need a break (I could do that, right? Backpack for Wyatt and your cool stroller for your two?) to pack or I could come over and help pack boxes. Anything, just let me know.
Post a Comment