It seems like Lauren is eating new things every day, so it's about time for an update! She has been successfully drinking from her sippy cup for over a month now.

She has also moved on to 2nd foods, which basically means she gets to eat more at each meal (which she loves) and she gets to try things that are mixed together (instead of single ingredient). Her favorites are apples with blueberries, although she likes some of the "dinners" too, such as chicken with sweet potatoes. I found one of
these on clearance, so I bought it and now she can suck on fresh fruits, veggies, and ice without choking. :) She is also enjoying "biter biscuits" (which make an enormous mess!) and she has even tried a few Cheerios. She is getting better at feeding herself finger foods, which is great because it gives us a break from doing all the feeding.

Unfortunately, Lauren has had some major teething woes lately. For four nights in a row, she has woken up crying during the night. At first we thought she was sick because she was also congested and had a fever. But she was never this upset when she was sick before, so I suspected teething, and yesterday morning I noticed a new bottom tooth poking through. Thankfully she slept 11 hours straight last night (hallelujah!) so I hope we are past the worst of it for now. I just pray it isn't this bad for every tooth that comes in!
2 comments:
We got one of those food teether things too, Isaac wouldn't take it. I guess he didn't like the mesh texture, typical Marta. Isaac's on 2nd and a half foods. I guess that's why he's a little chunky monkey. He tried turkey twice and totally gagged.
Sharon, I have to ask: what are 2nd and a half foods? I've been trying to figure out if Lauren is ready for 3rd foods, but I guess we should try 2.5 first!
Post a Comment