a little weyel

Friday, September 15, 2006

First Day of School


Lauren and I had our first "Mommy and Me" class today and Lauren LOVED it! She liked seeing all the other babies and playing with the toys. We did songs with hand gestures and every time we clapped, Lauren was convinced everyone was clapping for her. A couple of times, Lauren would laugh when all of the moms laughed, and they thought it was so cute that she "understood" the conversation. (And I'm not biased in the least!) The class is for 0 to 12 month old babies, so Lauren is one of the oldest and one of the few who can crawl. That made class interesting, as I spent much of the time keeping her from crawling to and grabbing other babies. She was also the most verbal one there, by far! (I guess that's a good thing?) Some of the other babies made a few sounds and of course some cried, but Lauren squealed and laughed her way through the morning. And amazingly enough, all of the books in the classroom have "dada" in them, too! :) We have class every Friday morning until mid-December, so it will be great to get to know other local moms.

I still haven't found time to post more pictures on "Lauren's Photos" page, but I'll try to get to it soon. Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Cheri said...

i love that she laughs with you! How cute! I wish I could be at your class. :( I miss you, C*!