a little weyel

Friday, November 03, 2006

Where Did My Baby Go?

As soon as I took this photo of Lauren on Wednesday, I thought, "That's not a picture of a baby--that's a little girl!" My baby is quickly growing up. You'll notice she's still holding on to the chair when she stands, as we haven't been able to convince her that she can stand on her own. She actually stood for several seconds yesterday before realizing what she was doing and then slowly kneeling down. At this rate, I don't think she'll be walking before her birthday, but you never know. I think she'll do the same thing she did with crawling: one day she didn't believe she could do it and wouldn't even try, and the next day she was an expert crawler.

Also, I got to buy her her first real pair of shoes. She has some hand-me-down tennis shoes from a friend that almost fit, but every girl needs some party shoes, right? She loves them, too. I foresee many more mother-daughter shoe shopping trips in the future.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

She's so grown up! She does look like a little girl all dressed up. What a sweetie-pie!

Sharon & Jacob said...

man, she's already ready for school