It's been quiet around here lately because I haven't had many good things to talk about. We're on day 10 of illness in the Weyel house. A week ago Monday, Lauren started with the worst stomach virus I've ever seen. She had 6 full days of yuckiness, and I'm pretty convinced it was Rotavirus even though I don't have any proof. Friday and Saturday were the "best" because she still had the stomach bug and started a cold, too. I came down with the cold at the same time, and Gary got some sort of weird combination of the two illnesses. Lots of fun! Thankfully, Gary seems to be almost well now, Lauren still has a cough but is back to being our sweetie again, and I'm doing my best to battle this cold. I keep thinking we must have contracted every illness that's going around this winter, so we should get a break now, right? Lauren alone has had 5 colds and 2 stomach viruses in the last 6 months. And when Lauren doesn't feel well, she makes sure the whole world knows it!
So how have we survived a week and a half of misery? In one word: Elmo. Lauren LOVES Sesame Street and has developed a serious crush on Elmo. She has a few Elmo books and toys, and we checked out an Elmo DVD on fire safety from the library that she watched about 137 times. In fact, her love of Elmo is so strong that when she would wake up sick during the night, sometimes she would call out "Mama" or "Dada", but twice she called out for ELMO! I already bought her an Elmo DVD for Easter, as I have a feeling this infatuation may be around for a while. Actually, I think it's pretty cute. She has definite preferences and she makes them very clear.
Sorry for the lack of adorable pictures--we haven't been feeling very adorable lately. But we are so thankful for our families. My parents made a last-minute trip up here to help out when it was clear that we had had enough. And Gary's parents are coming this weekend to give us our first night away from Lauren since she was born. Thank the Lord for family, and let's all pray for a healthy weekend!!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No more sickness. Be gone!
Your first night out... meaning you haven't had a date night since she was born? Or like your spending all night away from Lauren? We haven't spent all night away from Isaac, I couldn't handle it yet.
We've had date nights--although not enough! This will be our first full night away. And even though I now have a sinus infection, we're determined to enjoy it! ;)
I hope you have an AWESOME night away! We're going to shoot for once a year, but October (one year since the last trip) seems so far away. :)
I was laughing out loud when I read about Lauren calling for Elmo. HA! :)
Post a Comment