a little weyel

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Enjoying a SLO Summer

Although it is still a month away on the calendar, summer has started at the Weyel house! I finished my last day of work yesterday, we had our summer kick-off BBQ on Sunday, and we're enjoying the beautiful SLO weather. Here are some of the things we hope to do this summer:

*Start an herb garden with Lauren
*Make lots of lemonade!
*Finish up some more house projects (mainly lighting)
*Swim class for Lauren and Daddy
*Gymnastics/dance/ballet class for Lauren (at her request)
*Goals for Jon: weaning (I think we're both ready to be done), sleeping through the night (please OH PLEASE), and crawling (he is so close!)
*Yoga, at least twice a week
*Library visits on Wednesdays
*Lots of playdates with friends
*Trip to Oxnard to meet our new niece, arriving June 3rd
*Trip to Roseville to see grandparents and friends
*Take pictures and scrapbook
*Enjoy our backyard, our home, our neighborhood, and the SLO life!

I'm also hoping to record a week of our life in photos. I want to capture some of the everyday things we do now. I realized I haven't picked up the camera as much lately, so I'd like to do that more, and capture what our life is like at this stage.

Oh, and the arrival of summer means it's time for a blog redesign, right? Enjoy! :)

1 comments:

Sharon & Jacob said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love your backyard, so nice. I remember gymnastics, I loved it.

We may be going to the Aquarium of the Pacific again this Summer, let us know if you're down in LA and we'll meet you there.

I'm trying to wean as well, not working too well however, she's going to be a tough one to break. Good Luck with Jon :)