a little weyel

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Just the Two of Us

Grandma and Grandpa Weyel gave us the best anniversary gift ever: a whole weekend of babysitting! Gary and I got to have a weekend away, and it was as delightful as it sounds. We took a quick trip to LA to check out a Dodger game, enjoy lots of good food, see a movie, sleep in, and--most importantly--do a whole lot of nothing. Praise the Lord for "us time!"

Lunch in Los Olivos:


A Dodger Game with Manny and fireworks:



Gary and Jackson, hanging out at the Museum of Contemporary Art:

Interesting juxtaposition, wouldn't you say?:

Pool Time!:

Universal Citywalk:

Mmmmmmmmm, Sushi:

Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa!!!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The McCabes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McCabes said...

THAT'S RIGHT! the anniversary weekend!! schweeet. SO glad you guys got to enjoy a whole weekend all to yourselves. bliss.

ok. so many comments to make ...

first of all, Carolyn, I think you are just beautiful.

and yes, interesting juxtaposition indeed ... did you take that photo? what an eye!

and umm ... the pool photo? why was Gary wearing what he was wearing? haha ... not sure why I thought that was funny. I'm pretty sure Will would've said something too ;).

Universal Citywalk? that's like one of Will's fave places!

oh and sushi??? did I know you guys are into sushi??? of course, my beloved husband is not, but I'm SO excited to know you guys are! I jut LOVE raw fish. nothin' like it! ;).

happy anniversary you two!

Anonymous said...

Is that art work a Jackson Pollock ?

Carolyn said...

Yes, anonymous, it is indeed a Jackson Pollock. You can hang out with it, too, if you visit the Museum of Contemporary Art in downtown L.A. :)