
A couple of weeks ago, we had our very first family movie night. This is one of those things I've been looking forward to for years, probably because we had movie nights when I was a kid and I always liked them. Lauren was thrilled, talking about it for days ahead of time and even telling both of her teachers all about it. She was mainly excited for two reasons: 1) staying up past her bedtime, and 2) watching a Disney princess movie. We got "The Princess and the Frog" from the library, and let Lauren stay up to the wee hours of the morning (aka, 8:30pm) to watch it. We also made popcorn the old fashioned way (on the stove) and ate our yummy treat while snuggling on the couch.


A week later we had a second movie night. This time we watched "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" so Lauren wasn't quite as excited. But we did have ice cream for our treat, a favorite for all three of us.

Lauren asked to take a picture during the event, and here it is. :)

I look forward to so many more family movie nights in the future, especially when Jonathan can join us, too. I'm especially inspired by
this family, who even coordinates their treats to match the movie. Something to aspire to!
4 comments:
oh, I LOVE this! we love our movie nights. not quite as consistent yet and especially now that the boys are in the same room and Owyn won't go down without big brother (and vice versa :)), our movie nights have been put on hold. SO sweet the pics of Daddy & Lauren! great idea Mommy!! and cool website about the coordinating treats. that's pretty cool.
The most exciting part of this for me is that Gary finally got the TV up on the wall. :)
The above comment was from Will BTW!
What a great idea. We will definitely be stealing this idea. Thanks!
Post a Comment