a little weyel

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Big Girl Bed!

Our sweet Lauren has been sleeping in her toddler bed for the last 3 years, and it was high time she moved up to something bigger. She loved her "cozy bed" and was hesitant to say goodbye, but we finally convinced her a big girl bed would be a fun and exciting change.

One last night in the toddler bed...

We ordered the bed frame and mattress online, and I took Lauren shopping for her new bedding. Everything was ready to go except for the mattress, which was the last piece to arrive. Here she is last Friday, watching as the UPS truck arrived with the special package!


Both kids were pretty excited about the delivery (although I think Jon's excitement stemmed from the "big truck" and the giant box to play with). A rolled up mattress makes for a pretty fun toy.


The entire family participated in putting the bed together, and it actually made for some pretty fun family time. Jonathan thought this whole concept of using tools was completely awesome. He was Daddy's helper the entire time.


And here's the finished product! (Doesn't she look so little in that big bed?) We still need to do some additional decorating in her room to complete the look, so I'll share the room before-and-after photos when we're done.


When we got her crib 6 years ago (wow!) we chose one that could be converted into a toddler bed and then a full-sized bed. I'm so glad we did, as it made it easier for both Mommy and Lauren to say goodbye to the baby bed. At least we still have part of it in the room. I had no idea those 6 years would go by so very fast...

0 comments: