a little weyel

Sunday, April 17, 2011

What the Hail?*

There's not a whole lot of sleep going on at our house these days. Jonathan decides to wake up in the middle of the night for no known reason and cry until one of us goes in there and reminds him he should be sleeping. Or, if he does sleep through the night, he tends to be up early. And Lauren has been sick with a fever the last two days, so I've been up with her every time the ibuprofen wears off. All that to explain why it's only 8am and yet I've already run out of things to do while Daddy sleeps. Time to blog!

We had quite the hail storm here about a week ago. Our weather has been so bizarre lately, going from 90 degrees to hail in the middle of the afternoon, all within the span of about 8 days. Lauren couldn't remember ever seeing hail before (and I couldn't remember ever seeing that much hail) so it was fun for both of us. Jonathan (thankfully) napped through the whole thing.

As soon as it started, Lauren and I ran outside to see it. She wanted to catch some before it stopped--and we didn't realize at that time it would hail for about an hour and then last on the ground for several more.



Amazingly, it was hailing in the front yard, too. :) I love how it looks like snow in our neighborhood.


I'm used to hail that melts as soon as it hits the ground, but it was so cold at 2:30 in the afternoon that it actually stuck around for a few hours.


Lauren decided to eat some of it and, not surprisingly, discovered it tasted like water.

By the time Jon was up and ready to play, it was mostly gone. But you can still see some of it on the ground in these photos. This is about as exciting as weather gets in SLO!


*I apologize for the cheesy (and somewhat inappropriate) title of this post. That's what you get from a sleep-deprived mommy!

0 comments: