One of those moments happened this morning. Lauren started "gymnastics camp" on Monday and was so excited to go. But it was a disappointment for her (and me) because it was more like glorified babysitting than actual gymnastics. It was fine, but it was mostly games to fill up the time rather than teaching gymnastics. And it was filled with rowdy kids and she didn't know a single one. We had signed up for 3 days this week, so I told her we would follow through on that commitment and afterward she could decide if she wanted to go back. This morning was day 2, and she was nervous but putting on a brave face. Heck, I was a little nervous but putting on a brave face. :) I had been praying that she would enjoy it, or at least feel comfortable while there. As we walked in the door, she was clutching my hand, watching all these strange faces around her, and clearly feeling very shy. I was talking her through it, reminding her that God would be there with her the whole time and that Mommy would be back before lunch. Just at that moment, two familiar faces from her elementary school walked in. One was a boy from her first grade class who has been a very good friend to her. He immediately said, "Come on, Lauren, don't be shy. You're going to have fun!" She was just beaming from ear to ear. :) I said, "Look, you already have two friends here!" She smiled and whispered into my ear, "I prayed for that!" Then she happily followed them in and turned to wave goodbye to me.
It seems like such a small thing, but it's huge when I can see Lauren's faith strengthened in a tangible way like that. I know it wasn't a coincidence that those friends were there today, even though they weren't on Monday. And most importantly, Lauren knows it wasn't a coincidence. She can see God active and involved in her life, taking care of her in the ways she needs, and I can think of nothing better. Thank you, Lord. :)
1 comments:
Yes...truly a gift from our Father to you and to Lauren.
momw
Post a Comment