There's nothing like a little Valentine-card-making factory in your jammies to get the holiday started off right. The kids had Monday off from school, so we did the right thing and stayed in pajamas most of the morning. And we did the other right thing by making special Valentines for the people we love most.
This was the first year that Jon could sign his own name on all of his cards to his classmates. I love that--and it makes me tear up a bit. ;) On Valentine's Day, both kids had a blast at school with their class parties and then came home to check out their loot.
This was the first time I have seen Lauren so excited about clothes. She planned this outfit the night before and was so proud of it. Which makes me kind of love it, too. :)
I'm sure there are a lot of things I do wrong as a Mom, but I like to think that I do holidays some justice. They aren't magazine-worthy, but they are always Lauren and Jon approved. And they are symbols of my love for them, and the privilege that it is to share in their joy.
They each got a scrapbook of our Disney vacation, along with other cards and small gifts from family.
I know so many people see Valentine's Day as a "commercial holiday invented by the greeting card companies." But you know what? We get a whole day to simply celebrate and enjoy our love for each other. I don't care who invented it or why, I think that's pretty darn awesome. Happy Valentine's Day everybody.
0 comments:
Post a Comment