a little weyel

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mardi Gras (aka An Excuse for King Cake)

Although we love celebrating holidays around here, Mardi Gras has never made the list before. It's not exactly a holiday for kids, if you know what I mean. Enter Pinterest, the source of all good ideas. I saw a link to a super easy recipe for King Cake using crescent rolls, and just had to try it. So I bought a few purple, green, and gold necklaces at the dollar store and called it a celebration. :)

The cake was extremely easy to make and fairly tasty (although Gary had texture issues with the filling). It was a good excuse to make a Tuesday night more fun and eat some extra dessert. And in spite of the fact that these pictures came out totally awful, I'll show them to you anyway because what's a post without pictures? :)






0 comments: